Thursday, June 4, 2009

Sharing Some Good News


I had much anxiety waiting for today's appointment, and I am happy to share some good news. The chemo continues to work and the tumors are shrinking. I sure wished I could announce I was cancer free, but I will take shrinking tumors. They have prescribed 2 more rounds of the same chemo. But after that they will only continue with Herceptin and Zometa (non-chemo drugs). Due to the number of total doses (8), my body will not be able to handle any more. I am starting to puff-up (Michelin Tire could be contacting me to be their new spokeswoman - look out Michelin man you may be fazed out!).

Fraggle (my pic-line) may also be out of a job. He continues to do his job as required, but he may be fazed out for a more high-tec system - a portocath (a line surgically inserted under the chest wall). This would allow me much more freedom to just jump in the shower (versus uses elastic bands and a ziploc bag), and the freedom to go swimming (we really want to make it to Radium Hot Springs before the end of summer. And, it takes away the 'visual' look of the bandage around my arm. Sorry Fraggle, we all have to face that sometimes our job is done.

This may be un-humbling (is that even a word?), but I share one of my favorite pictures of myself. It was taken when were out exploring an island in the Philippines.

3 comments:

Gail D said...

Nothing is better than a port...I don't know about fraggle, but my power port that I have in my chest had saved my arm and its so easy! And I am happy that your chemo is working. Shrink Cancer Shrink!!!

Daria said...

Shrinking tumors is the best news.

All the best to you ...

Kami said...

That is absolutely fantastic news B!! I am so thrilled to hear the tumors are shrinking!!
Thinking of you every day!
xoxox
kam