Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I miss my Nurse


Last night Carman and I went to a movie just to get out of the house. We have become so accustomed to leaving the radio and light on, and giving Rudy 3 treats before we leave. Leaving a quiet dark house was hard. Then, coming home and not having Rudy casually come out of her kennel to say 'oh hi guys, your home', was hard too. Lot and lots of tears fell yesterday.


To be honest, I feel like we have suffered so much pain already this past year. I have had so much physical and emotional pain having to cope with cancer, and now to have a broken heart is really unbearable right now. And I feel so bad for Carman- here we were living a fantastic life and now he has had to watch his 'girls' go through so much and hold so much responsibility on his shoulders.


Rudy often got the title 'Nurse Rudy', and she took it seriously. Here is a picture of us cuddling downstairs. I was in the middle or radiation (I still had hair), and felt like total crap. Rudy was good at just being there for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brenda and Carman,

In memory of Rudy, I made a donation to the Red Deer SPCA. It is going towards treats and beds...two things Rudy appreciated.

I considered Rudy a part of my family, too. She could be super stinky at times, but I loved her! My heart is pretty broken and I have shed alot of tears.

Heaven became an even better place now that Rudy is there.

Love,
Tara