Friday, January 15, 2010

Road Trip - La Quinta (by Palm Springs)




We enjoyed a night at Larry and Sylvie's in La Quinta. We loved the Palm Dessert/La Quinta area and would snowbird here if we ever get the chance. Larry and Sylvie have a pretty ruff life (not) so we thought they could use some company. I felt like a college student just stopping in to do some laundry, be fed, and soak up some sun by the pool - thanks Larry & Sylvie.


I did not like the road from San Diego to La Quinta - too twisty and drop offs. Just ahead of us was an accident of someone taking the bend to quick. That is was freaks me out the most - not Carman's driving, but the other guy. The young punks in the picture I think were all fine. I saw one of them retrieving his precious skateboard amongst the wreckage.

I also liked seeing all of the wind farms. I wish we were accessing more 'green' energy here in Alberta.

No comments: