Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Dear Mr. Health Minister #2

November 23, 2010

Dear Mr. Zwozdesky:

On November 4, 2010, I submitted a letter and 1144 petition signatures to request that Tykerb, a Her 2 positive targeted breast cancer treatment, be covered in the province of Alberta.

Since submitting this package, Kelly Mah from Edmonton has been featured in the Edmonton Journal, The Edmonton Sun, and Global News regarding this same issue. You have responded to this press by advising the drug is still under review and a decision should be made by the end of the month.

You have asked us to respect there is a process to reviewing such coverage; however, it is frustrating when our processing is months behind other provinces, such as Saskatchewan and Nova Scotia. It is also frustrating when both of our provincial neighbors are covering the drug while we are not.

I trust you will do right by Albertans and cover this drug very soon. I have enclosed an additional 219 paper signatures and 231 online signatures to have Tykerb covered in the province of Alberta. To date that would be a total of 1598 signatures submitted.

Since I have not yet received a response from my November 4th package, I look forward to hearing from you very soon with some good news. I can be contacted at 403-343-6562.

Sincerely,
Brenda Odovichuc

1 comment:

SLB said...

I saw a segment on CTV news last night about the other lady Kelly and they also mentioned you and your blog/petition. I hope that the Alberta Government comes around and speeds up this process so that this drug can start to be covered for you and for all the other Albertans who depend on it.