Thursday, March 3, 2011

I feel really loved


I have been getting so many great inspirational crafts - thank you. The picture is of just a few - an inspiration tree, my quote in a frame, and from my red-headed friend Kelly, a red-headed doll. The charcoal picture of the National Geographic cover Carman and I bought from a street artist in Thailand for if I remember correctly $35.


I am going to try and posts some pictures over the next week.


Yesterday Tara and I went to the mall. I made sure to bring Ethel (my cane) and she is a nice trusty companion. I don't want to always rely on Tara and Carmans arm and using a cane does not bother me one bit . I find wide open spaces in the mall required me to also hold onto Tara's arm, and I couldn't carry a bag - so thank goodness for Tara.


My hope is the cane is just temporary and I can return it to my mom and dad - for when they may need it - haha!


I've been trying to get into a new book of the Bible. I have spent a lot of time getting to know Job and I got so much from his life. My faith feels so elementary in comparison to his, but he is someone I strive to be like. At first I was going to start reading Joshua (because my baby brother's name is Joshua - Josh isn't a baby he's 23), but after watching one of Pastor Dan's messages on Job I decided to turn to Jeremiah. And so far I can just say WOW! This is what I need. And, God just keeps showing up. Yesterday I found a little frame in my mailbox with the following quote:


journey

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11



I also wanted to share:

I am not laying in bed all day

I don't feel like I am living the life I should be, but I see and recognize me/my life during my day

I am not in any pain

I have an appetite

I am having a hard time falling asleep, but I am waking up rested

I've been making the odd supper

I've been doing housework

I've been sitting at my desk and doing some work about every other day

My reading ability is improving ever day - I should very soon be back on novels







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! You are healing! That is so wonderful to read. And I LOVE all of the inspirational cards and things that you received. Look how you impact other people Brenda! You are well loved.

Unknown said...

Hey Brenda! Thank you for your posts and letting us share your journey with you. I am glad you are feeling better, have an appetite and are in no pain. I love that you have named your cane "Ethel"! How nice that Tara was here for a visit too! Jeremiah 29:11 is my favorite quote these days...it is God's truth for you! If you need anything I'd love to help out (I stay home with my 3 y.o. son).

May God's peace continue to comfort you.

Unknown said...

what kind of odd meals are you making - hahaha- ok, odd sense of humour - so glad that you are feeling better - spring will arrive soon and that will make you even better!

sheila