Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Radiation Complete

Yesterday, Dec 8th, was my last radiation treatment. Last night Carman came home with Dino's pasta and wanted to celebrate. I of course was reluctant. It is hard to celebrate when you have cancer. But, my husband is always positive and pointed out the reasons to celebrate: I don't have any bone pain in my sternum, my skin made it through the treatment without any major burns or discomfort, and I am back home!

I came home to our home beautifully decorated for Christmas thanks to my friend Alvina and her daughter Karla. This year for Christmas all I want is peace and joy in my heart. I don't need 'Jane Seymore's Open Heart Pendent from Kay Jewelers' - every time their commercial comes on Carman teases me that it is what he is getting me for Christmas; nor do I want my focus to be on anything but the birth of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. If I focus on that, it makes the 'season' easier. Because of his birth, life, and death, he has given me the greatest gift.

So tonight, I invite you to raise your supper glass for me. Help me give thanks and celebrate that my radiation treatment is done.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you Brenda. Great to hear that you are finished the radiation. We are flying into Saskatoon on Monday and we should be in Red Deer sometime after christmas. We will be sure to get together. Say hi to Carmen.

Martinek said...

Fortunately for you, Carman is Mr. Positive and we all love him for it!!! (okay I don't always. . .)Anyways we can't wait to celebrate with you on Friday so get some rest and enjoy the winter wonderland outside. We are so happy you're home and complete with this phase of the treatment. Big hugs from Kius and Talissa oxox

E. Tyler Rowan said...

It is occasion for celebration! One thing crossed of the list of steps. Praying that your Christmas be peaceful and blessed. (And tell Carman I think he should go ahead and buy the jewelry anyway. *wink*)

LDAEJB said...

Hi Brenda,

We are so thankful that you're home and can focus on rest, recovery and the reason for the season.

Looking forward to playing some games and spending some time together over the holidays.

Sending love,

Darryl, Lita, Austin, Emily, Jonathan and Brianna

Kami said...

YAHOO!!! Radiation....check.
I am so glad you are home and get to spend the holidays with Carmen, friends and family!
love you and am soooo proud of you!!
Kam

Kelley with Amy's Angels said...

I came across your blog and wanted to say "HOORAY!" for radiation being complete! : )

Doug and Pam said...

Hi Brenda
Glad you are at home and radiation is all over with, with no serious side effects. The Lord is good. Pray that your holidays are full of warmth, happiness and love. Hopefully we see you both sometime over holidays.
LOVE Doug and Pam

Wendy Winter said...

Brenda, I am glad to hear that you are through this stage of the process. I fell for you as you ponder your future and I pray God will wrap his arms around you and hug you and give you the comfort YOU need! It is wonderful that your husband is so positive and I trust you can enjoy celebrating the birth of our Lord and Saviour even in the midst of this difficult journey. God Bless you with peace and comfort!
Wendy