Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Radiation - Week 3 of 5

15 down, 10 t0 go!

My dad came down on Wednesday to take my mom and I to the Grand Canyon IMAX. During the film they showed white water rafting scenes; and I just couldn't stop thinking about how much I would love to have that experience. I have since researched the adventure, and find the 6-7 day trip of camping and maneuvering 60 rapids on to my 'Bucket List'.

Wednesday night I went to bible study. I really enjoy my time with these German seniors - they sure know their bible, which encourages me to strive to do the same.

Thursday was a busy day in that I got another monthly injection into my abdomen to try and shut down my ovaries, and I got to spend an hour talking to one of the Psychologist at the Cross Cancer Institute. It made me feel good to hear: "that is normal", "it is good to cry".

To be perfectly honest, the hardest thing I am dealing with is the threat of not being able to grow old with Carman. Pre-cancer we had that 'talk' of us wanting each other to re-marry, but now that it threatens me, it is so hard to consider the thought of Carman loving anybody but me. I want to be his only wife, I want to travel around the country in an RV in our golden years, I want to put his socks on when we get old. The thought of another woman having that privilege floods me with tears, and makes me want to vomit. Time is not forgiving. Would Carman forget the way I feel, the sound of my voice, my love for him, his love for me? Would his new life overshadow his life with me? And what is heaven really like? I know we get our new 'super bodies', and that we will recognize each other. So if we recognize each other, we must remember our earthly lives. So how would this all work in eternity? I know we won't get this answer until we are there, and that God is too loving to make our earthly problems problems in eternity, but it still makes it so hard for my simple-minded earthly head.

When I got home on Friday afternoon I was feeling so good I took Rudy for our regular walk. Saturday I was still feeling really good that I even had times where I felt normal. Sunday had me a bit more on the tired side, but I hope I can keep my energy level up and that fatigue doesn't become much of a problem.

I am reading the book of Job right now and I would like to share a verse:

"Naked I came from my mother's womb,
and naked I will depart.
The LORD gave and the has taken away;
may the name of the LORD be praised."

I pray: God, heal my body completely of cancer and let Carman and my love for each other continue to grow. Thank you for this radiation and hormone treatment plan, we have complete trust that it came from you.

4 comments:

LDAEJB said...

Hi Brenda,

How encouraging it was to read that you had more energy this weekend and that you are already writing about week three. Our prayers will be with you as you journey through weeks four and five.

The book of Job is an awesome book reminding us of God's faithfulness to us.

Sending heaps of blessings and love to you.

Lita, Darryl, Austin, Emily, Jonathan and Brianna

Kami said...

B
You ARE going to do all the things you want to do...although I can't figure out WHY you would want to put Carmen's stinky socks on....lol...
It was so great to see you guys on Sunday, I think about you everyday!
I may not read scripture but I listen to alot of music:
I've never been the kind to let my feelings show and I thought that being strong meant never losing your self control. But I'm just drunk enough to let go of my pain, to hell with my pride, let it fall like rain, from my eyes, Tonight I wanna cry......
It IS ok to cry B,what you are feeling IS normal!
love you and thinking of you always,
Kam

tony said...

Hi Brenda,

To read your blog messages have been so encouraging & have also made me smile. You are a courageous and a strong woman and we will continue to pray for you & Carmen. Shauna spoke with Carmen tonight & we hope to get an opportunity to see you & say a quick hello on Friday.

With love!

Tony, Shauna, Brooklyn, Ethan & Baby Gavin

Kami said...

Hey B! Been thinking bout you all day today!! I know the next month or more won't be easy waiting so if you want to get together for a visit let me know when.....I can try to take your mind off of things at least for awhile:) We should try to get together before xmas for a hot chocolate or something?!?!
love you
kam