Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Back in Edmonton

I've got one more day of radiation tomorrow and I start chemo on Friday. Chemo will be 3 hours every 3 weeks for 3 rounds to start.

I'm at a loss for words these days. It is hard to come to terms that I have Stage 4 breast cancer at the age of 31. Cancer is consuming my life. Since my life is now threatened I would rather spend my time doing other things, and thinking other thoughts - but it is just too damn hard!

Amongst all of the bad news I want to share with you something positive. On Sunday with just Carman and our Pastor, in our empty sanctuary, I was baptized. I have always believed in God, but it wasn't until my early 20's that I accepted Christ into my life. I have wanted to be baptized for some time, but I felt it was something I should no longer keep putting off. I need my Heavenly Father and my Savior more than ever, and I wanted him to know that even amongst the storm I am seeking His face.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So wonderful Brenda!!! Praise God!!!

Crystal H said...

Brenda & Carman
My thoughts and prayers are with you everyday!

Chris said...

prograBrenda & Carman,

just what to let you know that I prayer for you both everytime I'm in the bus... the reason you don't see me is because my run got change over the summer last yr.

great news about your jounery closer to God.
Peace be with you over the next few days,
chris
P.s this is the first time on a blog :O)

Shauna said...

Baptism is amazing...what a wonderful decision you have made Brenda! I don't know you personally but have been reading your blog for a while now...I too go to CrossRoads.

Daria said...

Hi Brenda,

I just came across your website.

I too am stage 4.

Daria