Friday, July 17, 2009

Pet Therapy


Last weekend we got away camping again. The original plan was to go to Red Lodge out by Bowden, but because we didn't have a reservation we missed the last campsite by about half an hour. So we kicked-it-up Wilson style and just started driving. You see, Carman has fond memories (I'm being a bit sarcastic) of being a kid driving around trying to find a place to camp and arriving and setting up in the dark. While driving I thought I saw a sign that said Pearson's Berry Farm had RV sites, but they just had RV parking (a bit embarrassing). After a phone call to a friend in Sundre, and some back roads later, we ended up at Burnt Stick Lake. I also share that at one point we stopped to let the dogs out only to have the truck not start - we were in the middle of nowhere! But, Carman is pretty handy and got us up and running again after resetting something.

It was nice to be out of the house, but this last dose of chemo sure lingered awhile and I didn't recuperate as fast. It was nice just to lay in the trailer with the dogs and read.

I think my body has had enough of the chemo though. I am at risk of loosing several finger nails and my body is just tired out. My hair is slowly filling in and I've got their weird thick dark patch on the back of my head - I guess it's better than it being front and centre. It will be interesting to see what colour and texture it comes back as. Right now I feel a bit like a calico cat.

On Monday I get another CT scan and we see the doctor on Thursday. I pray these two extra doses were the ticket in kicking the rest of this cancer's ass!

3 comments:

Anika said...

You're such a trooper, Brenda! Good luck next week...I'll be thinking about ya!

Anonymous said...

As always, we whisper your name to our Heavenly Father, who knows you & loves you and ask for His blessing upon you this week! WE love you lots dear Brenda! (ooops - Carman too)

Kelley with Amy's Angels said...

I've had your blog book marked since I came upon it forever ago. I hope your CT scan is good!

And for the record, I once went camping where we did the "drive until we find something" and after ending up at a boy scout camp, closed camp sites, etc. we actually put up a tent at an RV site! I can't make this stuff up!