Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Olympics


I've been telling people since I have the privilege of being home so much that I am trying to watch the Olympics as much as possible. Yes, I am working in my home office, but I am allowing myself to slowly get back into the game of 9-5. I probably will never work like I used to. Between still actively getting treatment, physio, massages, acupuncture, and just exercising, I enjoy helping out in my friend's grade 2 class once a week. I have also taken on the endeavour of selling Caring Hands jewelry which I will share more about in another post.


Back to the Olympics. Today I couldn't help but think about my friend Saugen. Actually, her name is Kristine, but I always thought the name was too 'girly' so I have always referred to her by her good Norwegian last name. Saugen and I met in high school and hit it off right away. We both liked camping, athletics, and of course partying. She now lives in Nova Scotia and I haven't seen her in years. Back in the day she was a great biathlete and trained continuously. Today a German won gold in biathlon and she was pretty and blonde just like Saugen.


Isn't it awesome that Canada has won 2 Gold metals!!!! Go Canada Go!


The picture was taken of me and Saugen when we were 17 or 18. We were out camping somewhere getting into no good. Oh, to be young again. Love and miss you Saugen!

1 comment:

John K. Grabish said...

Welcome Brenda.
We here at Caring Hands are so proud of you that you joined the Caring Hands team to help others. The fine ladies in Caring Hands Kampala Uganda receive all notices & stories of all who help them in their struggle in Kampala, Uganda. By selling the recycled paper jewellery you help your personal causes & support these fine ladies..I know they will put you in their prayers. Just awesome to have you as part of this great adventure. Good luck & God Bless
Sincerly
John & Carole Grabish
www.caringhandskampala.org