Thursday, February 17, 2011

Brain Mets

This is the hardest post I have ever tried to write - so please bear with me.



My last CT scan showed fairly steady bone mets but growth on my lives. Because I was exhausted from the chemo pills and Tykerb my doctor did not see any problem of taking a month off. We were even going to escape to somewhere nice to try and recuperate. Our eyes were on Panama.



Only a week later I started suffering from a really bad headache and I was struggling with my balance. I was getting really scared. Carman called the doctor and he sent us to the ER for a head CT. And ever since my world feels like it has completely shattered. The cancer had spread to my brain in several spots.



Days later we were in Edmonton an I was getting 10 rounds of full brain radiation. We also decided to radiate the lower part of my back to help elevate pain.



Cancer to the brain has completely brought me to the lowest point I think I can be. I fear it will rob me of who I am. It has impaired my ability to walk with steady feet. And if you know me you know how much I love to walk. The doctor is hopeful the radiation will help improve my steadiness, but it really frightens me.



But even as dire as my situation looks, I have hope that God will still completely heal my body. My God is that powerful!

4 comments:

marjorie said...

Hi Brenda, I've been wondering how you are doing. This is hard news, but our God is, as always, an awesome God, and He holds all of us tenderly in His hands. I will continue to pray for you, for comfort and peace for you during your treatment, and for wisdom for your doctors.

pjfriesen said...

Hi Brenda, I will continue to keep you in my prayers. I can't imagine the struggle you are going through but I do know that our Lord and Savior will never leave us or forsake us. Many Blessings Brenda.

Anika said...

Brenda, I was so happy to see that you posted a new blog....and then I read it. I wish you hadn't received this news and I wish you all the strength and power to continue facing these challenges each day. I also hope that each day still sees a smile on your face from time to time and a giggle out of your mouth. You're a strong girl and it just plain old sucks to have more devastating news. I wish I was crafty so that I could send you something, but I've always said that I love crafty people because they give me stuff to shop for and buy. If I had to make it myself, it'd be horrendous! Good luck with this latest battle, baby!

XOXO Anika

Anonymous said...

Brenda, I am SO sorry to hear that the cancer has moved to the brain. But you are right - you are in good hands I am sending prayers and good wishes your way. And I hope that I can see you soon.
Love to you, my friend.
Audrey