Friday, April 15, 2011

3 weeks of chemo done

So i finished three weeks of chemo (every Thursday) and I am enjoying my week off. This chemo has given me a funny taste in my mouth so things don't taste quite like they should and my appetite is pretty much gone. Before Carman leaves for work he puts a small yogurt and a tall glass of water on my nightstand. I eat the yogurt as soon as a wake-up which I think helps keep the nausea away first thing. My balance and my movement has improved greatly! My ability to be in crowds or in room of people has not improved. Tara and I took a field trip to the mall and it was disastrous - I just about fainted (too much music and people moving around). So Tara's newest title might be personal shopper. I sleep really good and when we had some nice days I was enjoying walking outside. This latest snowfall is depressing - I hope it melts really fast. I've been really sad these dats because a young 30 year old friend of my has suffered 2 strokes. It just makes no sense. I've been reading a lot of Chicken Soup for the Soul and of course I enjoy General Hospital daily. I can't wait for the snow to melt so I can get outside and work my flower beds.

13 comments:

Heather said...

I am thrilled to hear about all your improvements! God bless Carman and Tara - what wonderful people God has put in your life!

I am praying for you friend. What a horrible thing... so confusing!!

So happy to hear from you, Brenda! You are loved!

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting Brenda - we've been praying and will continue.
Cheryl

marjorie said...

I too am sorry to hear that food isn't tasting right. That makes it hard to get nutrition. I hope you can soon become a mall rat again--it's no fun, not being able to shop. I am sure though, that your sister is an excellent help to you in that respect. And a great friend and companion too.

April said...

Brenda, I am so thankful to hear from you again! I have been praying and watching.
I am very happy to hear you are feeling stronger and sleeping well! I pray soon you will notice more improvements!
Thanks for keeping in touch on this blog! OH! I finally used my second cup gift card!! Oh my! You introduce me to a delish coffee with 100s of calories??? yikes! I think I may be a regular when I need a great coffee treat! YUM!! Thank you so much!
Love and prayers,
April

Unknown said...

Hi Brenda! We are glad to hear you are feeling better from the chemo, barring the lack of appetite. That is unfortunate since you so enjoy food ;)
Russ and I are also missing our walks with you guys. Noah has a lovely stroller Denver picked out. Has front suspension and steers like a dream. I'm sure it would do well at the dog park too. Alas, it just gets driven up and down the road we live on.
Enjoy your week off! I enjoyed reading your update and will continue to keep you close to my heart.

Angela Tuton said...

We have thought about you often. Glad to hear that the chemo has helped you to feel better. God is faithful even though it is hard to understand at times. Praying for you! love Angela

Anonymous said...

Brenda, I am so happy to hear from you, and especially happy to hear that your balance is improving. You are in my thoughts and prayers always, and I look for you every time I am at the Cross. I really hope to see you soon, my sweet friend.

Unknown said...

I FINALLY FIGURED OUT HOW TO COMMENT ON YOUR BLOG!!! Actually, my son had to personally show me, but I did it~ Now to read and catch up and comment. :-)

You inspire others in many ways Brenda. :-)

Sheila

Chandra said...

Thank you for the update, I have been wondering how you are doing. I am so glad that you have Carman and Tara in your corner!

I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Chandra

Health And Beauty said...

we've been praying Brenda

Unknown said...

Hi Brenda - just read the email from Carman saying that you are waiting for trial treatment. I pray that this is the answer you have been needing.
My heart cries for you and your family.
Bonnie

Nikki said...

Hi Brenda,
I just wanted to say hi from the uk - I have been dropping by every now and again to see if there is any news of how you are doing. It's good that you have had some more chemo - not so good about the horrid taste :( I will be sending a special prayer skywards for you today - and your family. Be strong. Nikki x

Unknown said...

Does chocolate still taste the same?

Looking forward for a short visit when I stop coughing.

Sheila