Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sinead O'connor

Monday night I got out of the hospital, and it felt so good to be back home in my own bed with my hubby. Unfortunately, I lost another 6 pounds in the hospital so I am going to try and pack on some pounds before my next round of chemo.

With the type of chemo I am receiving, my hair should start falling out any day now. I thought it would be quite traumatic to wake up and see my hair on the pillow or have it come out in clumps in the shower, so Carman buzzed my head on Tuesday night to give me time to adjust not having any hair. I have to admit, I like not having to worry about styling or serious bedhead, but it is very, very weird looking in the mirror. I've been trying to perfect my impersonation of the the '90 singer Sinead O'Connor.

I had a great time Saturday night with my 3 girlfriends from high school: Jenn, Kelly, and Kami. It was nice to have some girl talk, eat candy, and watch a chick-flick. We always have such a great time together!

It is hard to believe that 3 weeks have almost passed and that I will be getting my second round on Friday. I pray the second round doesn't put me the hospital again. I also pray that this chemo will works for me to provide me more time.

9 comments:

kandace said...

Hi Brenda and Carman. I am laughing and crying as I read this post. My uncle did the same thing with his hair...it was much easier to do it that way. I bet you look BEAUTIFUL Brenda. I have been thinking of you guys and praying for you always. Please know that your love for one another is so inspirational...I am SO glad you had a great night with your girlfriends!! Candy and chickflicks...MADE FOR EACHOTHER!!! Take care and keep strong:)

Kandace

Daria said...

Brenda,

I found your blog just before you ended up in the hospital.

It is so nice to hear you are back at home.

Stay strong,
Daria

Lois Plett said...

Way to go Brenda!! Hair is overrated as it is! Be sure to take some photos... in the years to come when you look back at this time, you will be able to have some chuckles!!
We continue to lift you both in prayer daily.
Doug & Lois Plett

Kami said...

Hey B! I was so glad you could make it to our "girls night", it is always so great when we get together! You DO look fabulous and it was just so great to hang out with you and hug you! love you lots, and thinking of you always...
kami

LDAEJB said...

Hi Brenda,

We were so happy to hear that you are back home with Carman and we will be praying for you during your next round of chemo. Sending love, Darryl, Lita, Austin, Emily, Jonathan and Brianna

Kami said...

Thinking about you tomorrow!!
xoxox
kami

smie said...

Brenda,
You may think you look weird but to everyone else your inner beauty just keeps shining through. Just remember you are fabulous:) We miss you...
Kevin, Becky & Aiden

Laurie said...

Hey, don't forget to wear the little toques to keep in your body heat.
Praying for you every morning and recently heard (again) about Essiac tea. Have you heard of it? Believe you can get it at Nutters and it is supposed to help give an extra boost with the chemo in that it helps get rid of unwanted cells.
Praying you keep strong and put on a few pounds before Friday.
An unknown supporter from church -
Laurie. God bless.

Tracy said...

Hi Brenda and Carmen. Thanks for another update. Just so you know Brenda I find baldness very sexy!! Two of my favorite people are bald so watch out! Once again you have inspired me. You are beautiful inside and out! Remember we are praying for you nightly. Lexi remembers to pray for you faithfully...she's gonna be a prayer worrior like her granny! Stay strong in health and faith! Hugs!

Tracy Peters & family