Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Weekend of Visiting




It felt really great to have the energy to get out of the house and visit some friends. Friday night we went over to Curtis and Taryn's for pizza, playing with their kids (Kius and Talissa), sitting in front of the fire, and beating the guys at Canasta. Us girls rarely win at Canasta so it was an extra special night. Talissa has a history of giving me some undesirable glares, but she warmed up to me so much that she let me play with her most prized bear 'Pinky'. Taryn even caught the special moment (see attached picture).


Saturday night we went over to Karen and Ivan's to see their new house and to get some pet therapy from their dogs. You may think they are crazy when I tell you they have 4 Dobermans, but they're not. It is survival of the fittest to see who can get on the couch - look closely at the picture and see how Kharma is all over Carman.


Sunday my sister Jodi and her husband Jay and their son Jacob stopped in. Jacob liked playing with my Fisher Price forks and spoons and was talking a lot of gibberish. After they left we went over to Cory and Teena's for tea and cupcakes. Their two year old twins are always so entertaining!


I'm feeling pretty good these days. I just get tired easily which is pretty frustrating. But I am learning to love my nap time.

3 comments:

Doug and Pam said...

Brenda:
I am so thankful that you are able to spend time with family and friends.You look greeeaaat!!! Gods hand is on you and blessing you each and every day. Our prayers are with you and Carmen. Someone has to many dogs for me!!!
LOVE Doug and Pam

LDAEJB said...

Hi.

It was so great to see your pictures and hear that you are feeling up to visiting more. You look great and we would love to have you over or come and visit you sometime. We pray for you everyday and send all our love to you and Carman.

Love Darryl, Lita, Austin, Emily, Jonathan and Brianna

Mitchell and Becky said...

I was hoping you would have some pics up of the new look. Haven't seen you in a while. I really like it. So easy to do, hey? I would shave my head again if Mitchell would let me:)
Talk to you soon, love you guys
Becky