Saturday, April 17, 2010

HELP!

First let me clarify that I don't need any help. On Friday I had my second round (9th session of Doxetaol and 19th of Hercpetin. I was happy to get my favorite nurse Chris (he is the best)

Since I had a Caring Hands jewelery party the night before I brought in one of the stands in for 'show-and-tell'. While Chris was taking a look at the jewelery another patent's wife (caring her new born baby) bought a couple of necklaces and we got taking. Right before Christmas her husband (age 27) got sick and has been in the hospital ever since. They are from a small town a ways from Red Deer. Because she was always up the hospital, and she was was getting close to delivering their baby she too was admitted. Their baby boy is a month old now and his dad is still very sick in the hospital.

I just can't stop thinking about them. I need to help them some how. I am certain as they were planning for the birth of their baby, and the joy he would bring, it would not have been under these circumstances. You can just see it in her eyes how overwhelmed she is - who wouldn't be.

So I call out for help! May I humbly ask you to considering contributing to a care package in a small way. Here is what I would like to assemble:

  • Tim Hortons Gift Cards (there is one right by the hosptial she could go eat at).
  • Safeway Cards - Is the nearest grocery store to the 2 bedroom apartment she is renting.
  • PetroCanada Cards - the nearest gas station
  • Chapters or Scotts Parables Gift Cards (I encouraged them to read - he is reading the Lance Armnstrong book right now).
  • Their baby boy is one month old - I am not certain if there has even been a shower for him. Little boy clothes over 1 month and up to say 9 months would be great . Small toys would also be nice - please nothing big. I think small books that focus on being a family would be something they could all snuggle up in his bed and read together
  • And of course, Cash is always needed.
  • Please pray for healing and peace.

Talk to your co-workers, neighbours, your church to see how you could all contribute. If each gives even $5 it can go a long way when you are living under their circumstances!

I know he is going down for more extensive chemo again this week. So I would like to get these care packages up to them as soon as possible - time is of the essence!!!!!!!! I would like to send a package up on Wednesday or Thursday (April 22nd).

Please drop of or mail your contributions to my house:

Brenda Odovichuc

12 McCune Ave

Red Deer, AB

T4N 0H2

If I am not home, or if I am stuck in the bathroom, please just leave your envelope in the mailbox or your gift between the front door.

This couple needs to be shown that they are not alone, and that they are not forgotten. Please, oh please, help me show them this

Brenda

No comments: