Sunday, April 11, 2010

Weeds

That's what is growing in my bones - bad weeds. Unfortunately, I got bad news on Friday and I am going back on chemo this week. Carman always likes to focus on the positive so I share that my heart is still in great shape (all those laps in the pool weren't for nothin') and my vital organs are clean. It is just the bones that have flared-up again. In a way I was surprised about the news as I have been feeling pretty good most days. I have been achy, but I thought that was just a side effect of one of my drugs. I am thankful that it was caught early enough because bone pain is no fun.

My doctor is going to put me back on the same chemo as before so it should be familiar. My last chemo was only in July and I have erased much of that time from my memory - or maybe it is still my 'chemo brain'. I remember I have a delayed response so by about day 4 I have 3 really bad days. I remember I didn't care much for meat and my sweet tooth went of vacation. I remember that I struggled with the 'runs' and was caught on many walks with Rudy thinking I was going to have an accident. If any of you see me on my walking route with messy pant please don't laugh!

Nurse Charlee (our new dog) is being promoted to Dog Therapy Nurse. Because she loves to cuddle I think I will be well taken care of. And, she puts a smile on my face with her antics. I still really miss Rudy though. I still have hope of having a future. I've recently had visions of me wearing a 'I'm Cancer Free' t-shirt. So please don't think 'this-is-it' for me.

To balance out this really crappy news we've decided I should make my Vespa driving dreams come true. Carman has already found one in Calgary and will call tomorrow to put on hold. I plan on buying a fun new leather jacket (because you can't wear a Harley Davidson jacket on a Vespa) and my riding boots are going to be some cowboy boots. Stay tuned for some pictures.

Once again I will loose my hair so before it falls out Carman buzz my head. I think I will also treat myself to some comfy clothes and pajamas.It is disappointing to be on chemo again as I have enjoyed getting back into the swing of things with work. Like last time, I will continue to work on a limited basis. Because my immune system will be thrashed face-to-face contact will have to be limited. Recently I was telling my sister Tara that I would like to try writing some 'industry' articles to try and get published. This 'chemo' time might just be the time to attempt this.

It sucks rocks that I have to do chemo again, but I continue to trust in the Lord.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

From now on I will picture you strong and healthy cruising around on your super awesome vespa wearing a pink "I'm cancer free" t-shirt.

Let's get rid of those mofo weeds!

Love ya,

T

Anika said...

"sucks rocks" -- it does, Brenda. I'm sending you good vibes so that maybe this round of chemo will be less hard on you in terms of reactions, but way harder on you in terms of cleaning up your bones! Can't wait for pics of your new bike!

E. Tyler Rowan said...

Ah, Brenda. Crap! That's the only word I can think of. As I pray for you during this go-round, I will envision you wearing that t-shirt and let God know that's what we're expecting!

Heather said...

Definitely not the news anyone hoped for, the least of which you and Carman. Make a party out of the clipper event adn if I ever see a bright pink "cancer free" T shirt (or any color really) I am buying it!! You will defitiely be needing it very soon!!

prayer warrior said...

Brenda you are strong and God will see you through these next few weeks.
PSA 52: 8, 9
BUT I AM LIKE AN OLIVE TREE FLOURISHING IN THE HOUSE OF GOD I TRUST IN GOD'S UNFAILING LOVE FOREVER AND EVER.

You are in our prayers m&d

prayer warrior said...

Brenda,
You certainly have the heart of God and you will be blessed because of you act of love
The gift is in the mail.
Love m&d