Friday, December 31, 2010

Dear Mr. Health Minister #6

December 31, 2010

Dear Mr. Zwozdesky:

Today I submit another 120 signatures (98 from the paper petition and 22 from the online petition) to request that Tykerb, a Her2 positive targeted breast cancer treatment, be covered in the province of Alberta. To date, that is a total of 2528 signatures submitted.

I also submit a copy of the letter submitted to the Edmonton Journal by Tykerb user, Cecile Comeau from Leduc, AB. You will read that she was once given weeks to live, but after being prescribed Tykerb in a clinical trial, she has celebrated 6 more birthdays! Women are faced with making the decision of financially draining their families and dying when it comes to this drug! When other provinces are covering the drug for their citizens, why is Alberta denying the same opportunity for life?

This will now be the 6th package I have submitted to you. I have not yet received a personal response from my previous packages or messages. I look forward to you contacting me at 403-343-6562 when a decision has been made. You have continually given the statement: "at the end of the month a decision will be made". Several months have now passed. Please make a positive decision of grating coverage for Albertans! Please do not let breast cancer patients down - you personally hold that decision in your power.

Sincerely,
Brenda Odovichuc

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brenda, you are amazing! Keep up the good work and I will spread the word to as many people as I can in order to get more signatures for you!
Happy New Year Brenda! I hope to see you again soon.

Unknown said...

You shoudl start a twitter account and start hashing him. Twitter is public and its easier to get uptake from news sources.