Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Radiation Booked

I start my 5 weeks of radiation treatment on October 30th. My daily treatment times vary, so I still not sure if I will have the option of sleeping in Red Deer on Sunday nights. I will get the full schedule when we are in Edmonton next week to see Dr. Joy on Oct 23rd. I greatly appreciate all of the offers for rides - I will call you when I get the full schedule to book my drivers. We are praying for Dr. Joy and his treatment plan - hormone therapy and chemo.

Coming to terms with having cancer is not easy. I have been fervently praying that God would stop any spreading of the cancer, provide complete healing, and give me peace, hope and joy daily. Prayer is working - I am feeling better emotionally (I've still got a long ways to go).

Last night I had some tears because I was telling Carman that I just want to put all my faith in God when it comes to my cancer treatment. I don't want my doctors to tell me survival rates or treatment success rates. I want to fully rely on God's plan for my life.

When I was out for my walk this morning I was telling God how much I want to be the one to put Carman's socks on when he gets old (he already struggles with this). I want us to grey together and enjoy seniors cruises to Alaska. How I long for God to grant me this.

3 comments:

Curtis & Melody Wilson said...

Hi Brenda - your faith is encouraging and we continue to pray daily that God will heal you completely and a miracle would happen. God is the God of impossibilities so we will continue to pray and support you. Let us know if you want us to bring you over food or anything. Love you!

Unknown said...

Hello Brenda,

I'm a coworker of Kami S. who told me of your journey. Words cannot even come close to expressing the feelings of compassion, hopefulness and prayers I have when I think of you and Carmen and your village of family and friends.

I am a card carrying member of the Cancer Regency (Cross Cancer Clinic) although I hesitate to say I am a cancer survivor (I had thryoid cancer which I hear is one of the "better" cancers to have and did not have to face the treatment regimen you do) I can tell you how betrayed by my body I felt. In the darkest area of my heart I know I will face cancer again and with all my heart I hope that my faith will be as "on solid rock" and that my village will be as yours.

Peace be with you,
Betty

E. Tyler Rowan said...

Girl, you inspire. Your house has been built upon the Rock, and it is beautiful to see.

Because of how your personal journey is inspiring and blessing me, I've passed on a blogging award to you. You can grab it from my blog.

Love you, and praying daily...