Sunday, November 9, 2008

Radiation - Week 1 of 5

6 down, 19 to go!

So far so good with the radiation. I am not feeling fatigued although I find I am yawning a bit more. My skin looks the same so far as well. The doctor did say that after the second week I should see how I am reacting. Physically I am actually feeling much better. Carman even commented tonight that I am able to get up with ease versus before. I was having a lot of pain in my shoulder blade (it felt like one large muscle knot). I still feel it a bit, but it isn't giving me the grief like before.

I have been walking around my new neighbourhood in Edmonton and found a bible study on Wednesday nights and public skating on Monday nights. I attended the bible study on Wednesday and really enjoyed myself. The other participants were all German speaking seniors! I was really neat to hear someone pray for me in German. There is no study this Wednesday, but the following Wednesday they are going to start the book of James (they just finished the book of Isaiah and the pastor recommended they move to the New Testament. One of the ladies asked me what book I would recommend, and I replied the book of James. She said is was one of her favorite books and the others determined it was the next book to study!).

My sister Tara was telling that her friend who is a grade 2 Catholic school teacher has prayed for me in her class. One of her students is an autistic boy who every once and awhile prays for me (especially on the days when his teacher doesn't). This just brought me to tears.

1 comment:

LDAEJB said...

Hi Brenda,

We can attest to the fact that you look wonderful.

I was listening to a talk on 930 the light and the speaker referred to Phillipians as the 'book of Joy' in the bible. Have a terrific week. We pray for you daily. Love Darryl, Lita, Austin, Emily, Jonathan and Brianna