Thursday, May 6, 2010

Purge

Carman and I share an 1970's bedroom closet. With a well designed his and her's organizer we surely maximize our space. However because of this, I rotate my Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter wardrobes - if you could call them that. It only takes up a Rubbermaid container. Monday I finally switched my 'wardrobe' over, but I purged a lot of stuff. You see, because of my 1/2 right lopsided breast, my scar, and my port-o-cath, I am uncomfortable wearing many of my shirts. So I packed them all up for someone else to enjoy. It is amazing how many women's shirts are fairly low cut. Hey, if I had a nice rack I would probably accentuate it too. Last year I wore anything from a size 4-10 pants - so the lower sizes had to go. My mother-in-law commented on how she didn't want me to ever get that skinny again (nor do I) so some skinny, shorty out there gets to enjoy my skinny pants!

So this I-don't-really-enjoy-shopping-gal has been on the hunt for shirt style that are not too low cut. I did find some styles at R&W Co, but I sure had to scour the mall to find them. For all those women out there who like to shop, I commission you to keep an eye out for shirts that fit the bill - higher necked.

Shopaholics, I give you permission to use me an excuse for you husbands - your helping a woman in need!

No comments: