Thursday, May 6, 2010

Yes, Top With Whipping Cream

Women are women. Who doesn't want Brook Burke's figure? Pre-cancer I channeled my will power not to eat my daily dose of chocolate (preferably dark chocolate), and my Coke on the rocks, but after cancer I have had periods where it took great will power to eat. During radiation my appetite was very limited and I had to really focus just to eat a small plate of veggies or Auntie Rochelle's rice pudding.

Today I do try to watch what I eat, but I really enjoy food. After my 4 days post-chemo of spewing some really great meals, I want to eat. Sure I would like to reduce the flab I have acquired since cancer - my toned arms and legs are pretty weak, but food is worth savoring.

Today I was at the Cancer Centre getting my blood checked for tomorrow's chemo and I recognized one of the ladies in the waiting room. I couldn't remember from where, so I simply said: "I know you from somewhere!". She pegged it faster than I did - from the church's women's bible study. We had a lovely (doesn't that sound so British) chat. We both voice how thankful we are for our appetites - we both have suffered times where eating was not appealing. We both agreed and laughed about our instant, non-hesitation to top drinks with whipping cream.

I think your hot Brook Burke, but I think I am going to enjoy my vanilla bean hot chocolate topped with whipping cream!

No comments: