Thursday, August 28, 2008

Tues, Aug 26/08

OUR BOOKED SUMMER HOLIDAYS BEGIN!
We decided to keep our plans and run away to Radium on our bike. The clinic was advised to call us when the get the results (and we will turn around and come home). We make it to Rocky Mountain House when we get the call - can you come in ASAP?
Is it good or bad news????
To be honest, in my heart I knew it was bad news. Carman is Mr. Positive all of the time, and I was trying to be a member of his elite club, and I did not want to be a member of Bud Kelly's Pessimistic club, but I just knew it in my heart that I had cancer.
"Brenda, I am afraid I have bad news" says the doctor. You have Cancer.
They had already booked an appointment and we are to be in Edmonton tomorrow to meet the surgeon.
Carman and I walk out of the clinic still in shock, hug each other and look into each other's eyes - WE CAN DO THIS!

No comments: