Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sept 11/08 Update - Good News!

Yesterday I had an ultrasound of the internal organs in my abdomen. Everything came back good! My friend Julie and I celebrated over Wendy's.

This morning I was happy because my drainage was down! As soon as the clock struck 8am I left a message to see if someone could come and get him out. Peggy and the nursing student Tiffany tried and tried but were unsuccessful at coaxing him. They called for back-up, and Susan came at 2:30pm. She was surprised they had any trouble - she shared that she has really had to tug on some. His tail was about 4 inches (which grosses me out for some reason).

Nurse Carman has been awesome at cleaning and changing my dressing. The nurse even commented that she thought he did a better job than they did.

Carman was asking me what I wanted to do when I healed from surgery. In no particular order: go fall camping, ride on the motorcycle, take a long hot bath (which I can't do until the steri-strips are off), and walk Rudy (I miss this very much). He added 'lovin' to the list - oh, that's a given!

Thank you all for your support!!! We are patiently waiting to see the surgeon again on Wednesday, Sept 17th for the pathology report. We are praying that the cancer had not affected the nodes they dissected.

My sister in-law Becky was telling me about an African Movie - Faith Like Potatoes. I need to watch it because I am already quoting this saying "Faith Like Potatoes". I know it sounds weird, but just Google this saying and you too will be inspired.

I was also inspired on Saturday night. I caught just the end of the tribute on Ruth Graham (late wife of Evangelist Billy Graham). I am looking forward to reading more about her!

Lastly, in preparation for radiation treatment, I am on the look-out for Aloe Vera plants. For those of you who live in Red Deer, if you ever see any, please let me know where I can get some.

Tim & Alvina Burns gave me a card which quoted Philippians 4:6-7. This verse is deeply speaking to me.

No comments: