Friday, September 26, 2008

Still Waiting


Yesterday (Sept 25) my sister-in-law Becky and I set our alarms for 6:30am to have my CT scan at 7:45am. They give you a large plastic cup (about 1L) full of water and some type of 'magic potion' to drink within 20 minutes. You have a choice of cold or luke warm and array of drink crystal flavors. Although I like the taste of cherry, I opted for a plain luke warm water mixture (thinking it would be the easiest to chug back if it was really disgusting). In true type A personalty fashion, I chugged 'er back (using a straw) in probably less than 2 minutes.


Yes, Becky sat wide-eyed and said "you don't waste any time". I sure don't!


Later in the day I went for chemo training. The room was full (probably about 30 people). The training actually made me feel a bit less overwhelmed. They provided a lot of resources and advised the majority of people get through it pretty well. My goal: get it in, get it out! Fluids, Fluids, Fluids and Fiber, Fiber, Fiber.


Earlier this year I opened up the Yellowpages in search of acupuncture treatment. I chose Andrea by her ad, and I am sure glad I have her in my life. She is going to help keep my liver functioning well and to help with any side-effects I may experience from chemo. I pray I one of 'those' who gets through chemo with relative ease.


Today we met with Dr. Joy. We were very disappointed that he did not have my bone scan results or my blood tests. While we spoke he had his staff call the Red Deer Imaging Centre and had the report sent over. Unfortunately, they reported a small area on my sternum, but the good news is it preliminary advised that the area is not consistent with malignant cancer. Dr. Joy needs to review the actual images, and have the team of doctors determine if it is cancer, and if not, what is it? The first glance at the CT scan showed nothing, but they will look closer at this particular area. He is calling me Monday.


Please pray with us that this area of concern is NOT CANCER!!!!!


The pain I was feeling in my chest and back is down considerably, but I am still having discomfort. I am giving Praise to God for taking away the pain. Dr. Joy advised nothing showed up on my back so the pain must be muscle related. Dr. Joy gave me permission to load-up on 'drugs' and try and get this sorted out before chemo starts. Yeah, I can take Advil again!!!


A guy I met down at the dog park years ago came to our house to take some pictures of me. I had a goal of getting my website (bluecollargroup.ca) up and running by the end of the year, but quickly realized good photo ops will be slim for the next year with the 'baldness', so I had some pictures taken. I wanted to post one of the pictures Tim took so we can all remember what I REALLY look like. Should I be able to proceed with the chemo protocol for breast cancer (that it hasn't spread to the bone), one of the drugs will strip me of all body hair. I will look like the female Michelin Man. Just remember, these drugs can eradicate cancer from my body. I am choosing health over hair. Not having to shave my legs kind of sounds like a good thing to me!!


Your support means so much to Carman and I. This process has been so much easier due to your prayer support. We feel the hand of the Prince of Peace.


2 comments:

LDAEJB said...

Hi Brenda,

Thanks for keeping us updated. We continue to pray for you throughout the day. We hope that these preliminary test results will hold true as being non cancerous. That will be the first of many victories in your journey. We love your picture. It's beautiful. The kids send their love. Sending love, Lita, Darryl,Austin, Emily, Jonathan and Brianna

Doug and Pam said...

Hi Brenda
Thank you for sharing so much of your day. We hope your test will be free of cancer. The Lord is with you always. We send our love and pray for you daily, maybe even hourly you always seem to be on our minds.
Doug and Pam